Salvation Brings A New Life
by Pastor Rick Carling (Camp Verde, Arizona)
John 3: 5-7
5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[a] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[b] must be born again.’
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Act 1: 8
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
1 John 5:11-12
11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Are you a CINO? Christian In Name Only
“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.”
― C.S. Lewis
5 Reasons why Christian Doubt
- Feeling– Faith is not a feeling. – 2 Corinthians 5.7 – for we walk by faith, not by sight. Gal 3:20- I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me
- Struggles– Bad things happen… Luke 9;23- And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. … Romans 8:18- For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
- Attacks-Every time we falter – voice of Condemnation vs. voice of Conviction.
- Backsliding– Falling back in sinful habits -2 Corinthians 5: 17- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. … When it hurts to hurt him.
- Losing Sight of GRACE– Legalism- You cannot maintain your grace by your works. Galatians 3:23- Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. … Ephesians 2: 8 & 9-For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. …. 1 John 5:11 & 12- And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Luke 4: 12- And Jesus answered him, “It is said, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’
Romans 14: 11 & 12- for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me,
and every tongue shall confess[b] to God.”12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.